[Note: this is the second part of a two-part guide to create a system that uses a RaspberryPi with a temperature sensor to tweet once the temperature is above a specific level. The first part had some issues so it’ll be published soon.]
Since the IoT hub is now set…
I saw that there were some new updates to MacOS Catalina, so I tried to install them through System Preferences / Software update:
After trying to get the update to install (forcing a restart), I noticed that it would not install — even after multiple tried with full battery and plugged into power.
After a while I assumed I didn't have enough free space, and tried again — still no luck.
I found somewhere a command to install the updates from the terminal, so I tried it:
sudo softareupdate -i -a
Then the truth was revealed:
While planning a flights to a couple of places in Mexico for later this year, I noticed something I hadn't noticed before: The ticket prices in US dollars never match the Mexican pesos amounts.
This is far from being news, but a little math showed where one gets more bang…
I built a toy from my childhood using techniques learned and materials used during this quarter… and it worked!
See the backstory in the previous assignment (A7: Final Project Proposal).
This was the original concept:
TL;DR: Milled something, created a mold of said something, casted copies of the something using the mold.
Lego pieces are amazing — unfortunately, there are no individual triangular pieces with three connectors, so it might be interesting to come up with an interpretation of what said piece would be like…
Time to box all these feelings up… in a CNC milled box.
I spend all of this week in work-related travel, so with a compressed timeline, I optimized heavily for fabrication and materials.
My box would be as simple as possible — to the point where the entire box can…
For this assignment, I decided to create my own basic clapperboard.
I like movies, so this is a cool desk toy that I can build myself — an entertaining if it has a nice “clack” to it.
For this assignment, I dug out an old Ikea “Sekond” light bulb socket:
After measuring the socket, and the test lightbulb, I started designing a structure that would be mounted on the socket. and experimented with discs in Rhino to mount the laser-cut pieces on it.
At some point, I…